Friday, November 2, 2012



So the doctors are saying I will be here at least another week maybe 2.  My bone marrow hasn't started producing like it needs to yet.  My platelets are very low and my body is not accepting the transfusions they have been giving me.  The blood bank should have a closer match by Monday.  I am very tired right now because my levels aren't coming up yet.  

Many of you have asked about donating so I finally have the info for you:

AML is a cancer of the blood and I have already received some blood transfusions to help keep my body functioning normally.  I will definitely need more in the future.  You can donate blood at ARUP,  We can’t guarantee that the blood will be for me, but it can replace the blood that I have used and will be given to other patients in need.  You can visit their website, www.utahblood.org, or contact them at (801)-584-5272 to set up a donation appointment.  This is also where you can donate platelets. 

 A donation account has been set up in my name “Niki Kearns Donation Fund” at Wells Fargo Bank account #7888206351.  This money will go to helping us pay for this expensive treatment and follow up.

Thank you for your continued love and support!  I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment