Sunday, October 21, 2012

One week ago today I found out that I had leukemia.  It truly has been a roller coaster in every way.  I know that this was Heavenly Fathers plan for me and I know there are a million things to be learned from this.  First of all I can't thank all of you for all of your love and support.  It truly means the world to me.   I couldn't get through a minute without you.  There are so many little angels that have been placed in my life to help me get through this and I love you all more than you will ever know.  I have been so blessed so much already. All of your prayers are being heard and Heavenly Father is really watching over me.  I have an amazing family and I know that we will get through this.  I am on my 4th day of chemo and starting to become really tired.  I may have a blood transfusion today. We will see very soon the dr will be here soon.   Day 14 which will be around Halloween we will have a another bone marrow sample to see if I will need another round of chemo or start looking at bone marrow transplants.

I will try to keep everyone posted with how things are going through this blog.  The cell phone service doesn't work well, so I apologize if you don't hear back from me. Some messages aren't coming through.   My direct line is 801-587-4538

I also wanted everyone to have these 2 websites the dr recommend.  He told us this that some info you will find is outdated and not accurate on other websites. So try these:

www.lls.org
www.nci.nih.gov

Thank you again for all your love!  I love you all!

3 comments:

  1. We just love you and your family so much! Y'all are such great friends and neighbors to my crazy zoo of a family:) You know me, I.love anything and all things funny! Just wait till you the what I have done for my Halloween costume this year!!!! I know that when I laugh, I'm happy, and I will find you something to keep you happy and laughing everyday:) You are in my prayers sweet friend and we are sending happy thoughts to a great recovery your way. Be the honey badger babe! Ha ha
    Loves and hugs,
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niki, I'm so glad you started this blog!You are truly blessed to have so many family members and friends sending love and prayers your way!!Let our strength prop you up when you're feeling tired from your treatments. I have all the faith in the world in you and those amazing doctors, nurses, etc. taking good care of you:-)
    Love, love LOVE you!!! See you soon.
    xoxoxo
    Jen H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to let you know that I love you and have been thinking of you all week. I am so sorry for the very hard things you will be required to go through. Cancer SUCKS - that about sums it up! Kick Cancer's Butt! Your are in our heart and in our prayers.

    Charity L

    ReplyDelete